I just read a newsletter from Oilgae.com about the utilization of microalgae for wastewater treatment and I think it is very interesting. I seldom reading about the issue, so that I browsed how microalgae can be utilized to treat wastewater. I also remember one of my lab mate in E/EBBE lab had some research on heavy metal [...]
Production of biodiesel and other bio-products from microalgae can be more environmentally sustainable, profitable, and cost-effective if combined with waste water. Microalgae hold promise of being able to accomplish nutrient removal with a net energy savings to the water treatment system. The nutrients, instead of being waste, become feed for the algae.
Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have exceeded 450 ppm and are at levels classified as “dangerously high”. CO2 fixation by photoautotrophic algal cultures has the potential to diminish the release CO2 into the atmosphere, helping alleviate the trend toward global warming. Selection of optimal microalgae species is vital to realize workable biological CO2 fixation system
Chlorella is one of green microalgae strain that has been massively cultured. Their oil contents are ranged from 28% to 32% dry weight, however Chlorella pyrenoidosa were predicted to produce up to 85 wt% crude oil based on elemental compositions.
Microalgae has ability to produce oil which is one of omega-3 fatty acids source. Omega-3 fatty acids from microalgae are rich in both EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid).
- Get to know microalgae 6:19 am
- Effect of pH on microalgae growth 8:32 pm
- How to determine the best flocculation method 11:59 pm
- Flocculation using inorganic flocculant and biopolymer flocculant 11:03 am
- Flocculation of Microalgae using pH Adjustment: Effect of pH and Microalgae Concentration 7:54 pm
- Microalgae Mass Production: Challenges 10:58 pm
- Microalgae Wastewater Treatment 10:04 pm
- Factor affecting Hydrogen Production from Microalgae 5:03 pm
- Microalgae Lipid Productivity: Key Characteristics of Selecting Microalgae 9:01 am
- Filtration of Microalgae 5:16 pm
- will bokerson: Phytoplankton mineral gives exceptional new bloom...
- Rifka Aisyah: Hi Winda, thank you for visiting our website.. Hop...
- Winda Agawa: thanks for the information,i hope i can discuss ab...
- Rifka Aisyah: Hello Mariyan, thank you for visiting our website,...
- Mariyan Tsvetkov: email@example.com...