I always interested in utilization of microalgae for biofuel production, including hydrogen. Although I was not involved in certain project related with hydrogen production from microalgae photosynthetic, one of my team member in Energy/Environmental Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering Department of Chemical Engineering National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan conducted the research. I was regret because I [...]
Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have exceeded 450 ppm and are at levels classified as “dangerously high”. CO2 fixation by photoautotrophic algal cultures has the potential to diminish the release CO2 into the atmosphere, helping alleviate the trend toward global warming. Selection of optimal microalgae species is vital to realize workable biological CO2 fixation system
Nutrient availability is an important factor controlling the levels of the primary productivity of photosynthetic organisms. Media with different compositions are supplied to the cells in the form of carbon dioxide, water, and mineral salts in macro or micro quantities.
Carbon dioxide is another important factor that determine the microalgae growth. It is the carbon source in photoautotrophically growing cells. Usual sources of carbon dioxide for microalgae include atmospheric carbon dioxide, carbon dioxide from exhaust gases, and carbon dioxide chemically fixed in the form of soluble carbonates.
Bottrycoccus braunii contains extraordinary high level of hydrocarbons, therefore it is potentially capable as the source of primary biofuel. By using several strategies, growth rate and hydrocarbon content of this microalgae can be increased.
- Get to know microalgae 6:19 am
- Effect of pH on microalgae growth 8:32 pm
- How to determine the best flocculation method 11:59 pm
- Flocculation using inorganic flocculant and biopolymer flocculant 11:03 am
- Flocculation of Microalgae using pH Adjustment: Effect of pH and Microalgae Concentration 7:54 pm
- Microalgae Mass Production: Challenges 10:58 pm
- Microalgae Wastewater Treatment 10:04 pm
- Factor affecting Hydrogen Production from Microalgae 5:03 pm
- Microalgae Lipid Productivity: Key Characteristics of Selecting Microalgae 9:01 am
- Filtration of Microalgae 5:16 pm
- will bokerson: Phytoplankton mineral gives exceptional new bloom...
- Rifka Aisyah: Hi Winda, thank you for visiting our website.. Hop...
- Winda Agawa: thanks for the information,i hope i can discuss ab...
- Rifka Aisyah: Hello Mariyan, thank you for visiting our website,...
- Mariyan Tsvetkov: firstname.lastname@example.org...